Pozole is a typical Mexican soup or stew; and this is our take on the dish, which is a great way to used left over pulled pork. It’s spicy, filling and simple to make.
- 1 tsp olive oil or frylight
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 250 g leftover pulled pork
- 1 large onion
- ½ tsp dried chipotle chilli flakes
- ½ level tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 400 g baked beans (1 tin)
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (1 tin)
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
Chop the onion and soften in the olive oil or frylight in heavy-bottomed pan for a few minutes.
Add the cumin, paprika, garlic granules, chilli powder and chilli flakes to the pan.
Coat the onions and cook out the spices for a few seconds.
Add the tomatoes, baked beans, pulled pork and oregano.
Simmer for around 15 minutes until the onion is tender and cooked and the pulled pork is warmed though.
Serve with rice and top with a little grated cheese or soured cream.